Thursday 18 March 2010

Mr O - round 2 on the Blogger!

Thursday March 11

Today we went to the Smithsonian Art Museum, it was pretty cool.  In my opinion the sculptures were particularly good. Some of the paintaings and pictures aren't really what I consider "Art" but most of it was really good.

This Horse made from driftwood was pretty cool, I thought.
   
We also went to the Bowling Alley in China Town.
This is me getting ready to do some damage at the Bowling Alley


It was a good night had by all... even if Russell was the Victor.....I'm not bitter haha.

This is me loosing it in the bar after loosing to Russell at the bowling... no I'm not a sore loser!
Saturday March 13

SHAMROCK FEST! was a total wash out, literally!  It was the most ludicrus downpour ever, we got totally soaked!




Tuesday March 16

Today we went to the Natural History Museum. It was really amazing and there was loads to see. If anyone was thinking of visting DC I would definitely recommend going to the Smithsonian museums, there are loads of them, for all interests. They are all free admission and well worth a visit.  

All of the Smithsonian museums are here thanks to a British guy (Mr Smithson) who left half a million dollars worth of gold to the Americans in his will; the only stipulation being, whatever they did with it had to be educational and it had to have his name on it...



Wednesday March 17

Today me and Amy went to the Tidal Basin to have a go on the Pedal Boats, good fun but hard work peddling the boats around the lake. The lake has great views of the monuments and the city.


Thursday March 18

Today is my last day... I'll be going to the Airport in a couple of hours. I've had an amazing time and have visited loads of sights. It's been great catching up with my sister and Russell, I've had an awsome two weeks and will no doubt be visiting again in the future.
DC stays where it's at but the memories are mine to keep.

Mr O signing off - over and out......


No comments:

Post a Comment