Thursday 13 May 2010

A Tourist in DC

Been a while since I last blogged; my Mam and David were here for a two week visit so I haven't really been using the computer.  So along with them I was a tourist in DC again.  So here is a little montage of the pics from the past couple of weeks.

 Photos from Arlington Cemetry and the Iwo Jima Memorial.


We took one of the open top buses to do some of the main sights.



We visited the Newseum too, which had some interesting stuff.
Particulary the Pulitzer Prize Photography Gallery and the piece of the Berlin Wall the have on exhibit; this photo is from the west side.


Hobble celebrated his birthday too; he says thanks to everyone for the kind gifts.

At the American Dinner; Ice Cream Floats and Shakes - yummy
A foot long Chilli Dog - David famously had a Hot Dawwwg everyday!


I think my Mam's favourite place was in the Sculpture Garden by the big fountain.  It was really hot during their visit and it was great to dip your feet in the pool.
It was great to see them and show them round our new town!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Moomin

    Just been reading your blog and thinking what a nice time we had, wish I had my feet in that fountain now!
    Thanks again for a great time in DC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Thanks Mam. You just missed out on our pool opening, it opened yesterday. I was down there for hours today its lovey :) xxx

    ReplyDelete